Skinny Chicken Fajita Soup Recipe
This Skinny Chicken Fajita Soup recipe is a zesty, low fat, gluten-free meal with an easy low carb option! This skinny soup recipe is exactly what you need.
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 ounces black beans (drained)
- 15 ounces fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 fajita seasoning packet
- 1/2 cup brown rice, optional
- Possible Garnishes: reduced fat cheese, scallions, avocado
- Place a large sauce 6-8 quart pot over medium heat. Add the oil, chopped bell peppers, onions, and garlic. Saute for 3-5 minutes to soften.
- Add whole chicken breasts, black beans, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, 1 fajita seasoning packet, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. If adding rice, stir it in with an additional 2 cups of water. Bring the soup to a boil. Lower the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Use tongs to remove the cooked chicken breasts. Allow the soup to continue simmering to fully cook the rice, another 10-15 minutes. Allow the chicken to cool for a few minutes, then shred with two forks.
- Once the rice is tender, add the shredded chicken back to the soup. Taste, and salt and pepper as needed.
This soup has a nice light fajita flavor. If you like a more robust soup, use the fajita packet + 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, and 1 fresh chopped jalapeno.
For a low carb option, omit the brown rice.
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 1020mg | Potassium: 696mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 43.5mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2.4mg
Source : aspicyperspective.com