Shrimp Avocado Quinoa Bowls
This recipe makes two large bowls for 2 people. Please double or triple as needed.
- 1 avocado pitted and sliced
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce or your favorite greens
- 1/2 cup tomato diced
- 1/4 cup onion diced (optional)
- Lime for dressing
For the quinoa
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa any variety white or golden, red, or black
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Shrimp
- 1/2 pound shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 clove garlic crushed (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon EACH salt onion powder, thyme, oregano, black pepper, cayenne pepper
- To cook quinoa: Start by boiling water for the quinoa. Bring 1 cup of water to boil in a large saucepan. Rinse quinoa under cold water and drain well. Stir in salt and quinoa. Lower heat and cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and let rest, covered, for 5 minutes.
- To Cook the shrimp: While the quinoa is cooking, In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, oil, and spices. Heat a large heavy-duty non-stick pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Once the pan is hot, coat the pan with a light drizzle of oil (if using a non-stick pan) and cook the shrimp in batches for 2 minutes per side or until charred and cooked through. Do not over-crowd the pan.
- Divide lettuce (or greens) into two large serving bowls. Top each bowl with half the quinoa, shrimp, avocado, tomato, and onion. Drizzle with lime, sour cream, or your favorite dressing or try our healthy avocado dressing!
Source : gimmedelicious.com