Easy herby lemon skewers
Easy lemon chicken skewers with garlic and herbs are delicious, healthy and fast making them perfect for summer dinners served with simple side dishes.
For the marinade
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2-3 garlic clove crushed
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
For the skewers
- 4 large chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- wooden skewers soaked in boiling water for 30 minutes
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Slice the chicken into bite-sized chunks and place in a bowl. Pour over the marinade, cover and allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes but up to 24 hours, covered in the fridge.
- Thread the marinated chicken onto soaked wooden skewers or metal skewers.
- Heat an outdoor grill or stovetop grill pan then cook the skewers, turning every 3-5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown on all sides.
- Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 714mg | Potassium: 434mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 70IU | Vitamin C: 8.7mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.9mg
Source : simply-delicious-food.com