Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks are one of the best ways to hide vegetables! Completely gluten free, kid friendly, and fun to eat. Even the cauliflower haters will love this dish!
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided in half
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped (or 1.5 tsp dried basil)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (or ½ tsp garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rinse and chop cauliflower into florets.
- In a blender or food processor, pulse cauliflower until it has a "rice" consistency.
- Heat about 1 inch of water in a large saucepan until it boils.
- Add the cauliflower and cover with a lid. Steam for about 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Drain the cauliflower in a fine mesh strainer, pressing against edges with a spatula. Let it cool for a few minutes.
- Place cauliflower in a clean dish towel and wring out as much excess water as possible.
- In a large bowl, add cauliflower, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, 1 egg, garlic, chopped basil, and oregano. Stir well.
- On baking sheet lined with parchment paper, use your hands to form the cauliflower mixture into a rectangle covering just about the whole pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Top crust with the rest of your mozzarella and parmesan cheese, and bake for another 7-10 minutes. (Once cheese is melted.)
- Remove from heat, and cut into "breadsticks" with a pizza cutter.
- Serve warm with marinara sauce and enjoy!
Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
Source : mallorymaddox.com