10-Minute Teriyaki Chicken
Make takeout at home with this easy & flavorful teriyaki chicken & broccoli! Minimal ingredients, no marinating required, and only 10 minutes to cook up. Serve this juicy chicken and homemade teriyaki sauce over rice as a quick dinner or meal prep!
- 3 organic chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups broccoli, steamed
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (or liquid aminos)
- 3 Tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger (grated fresh or dried)
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds *optional
- Whisk all of teriyaki sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- On medium heat in a cast-iron skillet brown chicken in oil until cooked on all sides and slightly crispy. *If pan isn't hot enough the chicken will steam so make sure pan is hot but not burning.*
- Add teriyaki sauce to cooked chicken and stir for 1 to 2 minutes for sauce to thicken.
- Stir in broccoli with chicken and sauce. Serve over rice with sprinkled sesame seeds and enjoy!
What to Serve with Teriyaki Chicken
You can serve teriyaki chicken over white or brown rice, or quinoa. To get more veggies into your recipe, add sautéed peppers or carrots in with your chicken. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sliced green onion!
Extra Tips for Making Teriyaki Chicken
For the protein in this recipe, you can use chicken breasts, cutlets, or boneless/skinless thighs.
Other natural sweeteners you can use if you don't have coconut sugar - agave, honey, or maple syrup.
Make this recipe for meal prep - store in sealed containers over rice/quinoa and enjoy throughout the week.
Add extra vegetables to your teriyaki chicken like sautéed carrots (shredded or sliced), cauliflower, mushrooms, or sliced peppers.